Lambda Chi Alpha is looking to fill the position of Assistant Director of Risk Management. If you are interested, please consider applying.
Overview: Primary responsibilities of the position are to support the Director of Risk Management & Education with all matters pertaining to chapter discipline. A primary focus will be incident and case management, and subsequent chapter disciplinary status support. These efforts should be approached with a spirit of education to reduce the likelihood of recidivism and minimizing the risk that unsafe behaviors can lead to. The Assistant Director of Risk Management will also be the official manager of the Lambda Chi Alpha Event Planning Process. There will be an essential expectation of this position working in support of the direction and efforts of the Director of Risk Management & Education, Associate Director of Education & Harm Reduction, Director of Chapter Services, Associate Director of Chapter Services, and Field Staff to ensure a consistent message and approach is delivered to all audiences. Collaboration with the Associate Director of Education is also critical for incorporation of the learning model of Lambda Chi Alpha into the educational themes of harm reduction. All materials and programming should also be centered around best practices in minimizing the risk that unsafe behaviors can lead to, past internal assessment, and utilize both pre- and post-assessment opportunities throughout the course of implementation.
Direct Report: Director of Risk Management & Education, Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity.
Specific Duties: The Assistant Director should be willing to:
- Oversee incident management through communicating between the Educational Leadership Consultant, Alumni Advisors and Campus Advisors.
- Manage the Lambda Chi Alpha Event Planning Process.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Education & Harm Reduction to create the necessary resources for all chapters, officers, and alumni advisors.
- Alert staff and volunteers to relevant harm reduction education opportunities.
- Oversee data management and internal trackers falling in the scope of Risk Management and Harm Reduction.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet objectives of the Fraternity.
Skill Sets: It is essential that the Assistant Director of Risk Management have a fundamental appreciation for education. The position requires a collaborative approach to accomplishing goals and objectives, with a spirit of support for its leader and members.
- Be a proven team leader and able to inspire others
- Able to organize, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects consistently
- Possess strong written and verbal communication and effective presentation skills
- Possess the ability to think critically and clearly to solve a wide range of problems
- Adept in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of others and building alliances with community organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary along with health, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
To Apply: please send resumes and cover letters to Alyssa Gilles, Director of Risk Management & Education, by Friday, March 30, 2018 at email@example.com. All resumes and cover letters will be reviewed as they are received.