Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity is seeking a content coordinator to research and write stories about the impact our members (undergraduate/alumni) and chapters are making on campuses and in society. This full time, entry-level position supports both the Fraternity and Educational Foundation with content generation and posts both to the online blog site, organization website, related social media platforms, and in other distribution methods. Additionally, the content coordinator will be asked to perform additional duties and tasks as necessary to advance the Fraternity/Foundations’ missions, which entails a willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule.
Direct Report: Associate Director of Communications, Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
Reporting to the associate director of communications, the content coordinator will:
- Serve as assistant editor for the Cross & Crescent blogsite and online magazine:
- Manage deadlines, content generation, schedule
- Help oversee layout of web and digital version of the magazine
- Research, interview, write, edit, post stories (and related social media posts)
- Identify undergraduate/alumni members for possible inclusion in the magazine
- Manage other related projects
- Create and make social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, some YouTube)
- Assist with creation/design edits (infographics, photos edits/enhancements, etc.)
- Assist in production of video and photo content
- Ensure overall consistent branding and visual integrity for the Fraternity/Foundation
- Teach adherence to standards both at the headquarters and to members/chapters.
- Help manage edits/distribution of approved graphics
- Assist with production and media coverage of events and conferences
- Help with the continuing evolution of Lambda Chi’s online electronic experience
- Brainstorm ideas and enhancements to existing platform/portal
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core mission of Lambda Chi Alpha and be driven by positive development of the undergraduate experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and AP Style and willingness to learn new software and skills
- Experience with publishing articles, news releases, website posts, collateral, and social media campaigns
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with coworkers, internal departments, and outside target audiences; occasionally work directly with Fraternity and Foundation CEOs
- Proven writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online professional clips
- Creative and thoughtful about how new media technologies can be utilized
- Independent, problem solver, results oriented and can take direction
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Some travel required (15-20%) to conduct interviews, attend events and conferences
A competitive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Please direct all questions to Jaren Wilt, firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested in applying? Click here.
Never miss a post! Subscribe to our email mailing list by clicking here.