As the Office of Administration (OOA) at Lambda Chi Alpha continues to monitor the developments of the COVID-19, we wanted to elaborate and share some tips on how you can stay connected with your brothers. As our CEO Troy Medley reminded us, “Our nation, your school and Lambda Chi Alpha has been through world wars, pandemics, and disasters both natural and man-made over the past century and each has proven to be incredibly resilient.” Always remember, Lambda Chi Alpha remains here for you in this or any other time of need. Below are some tactics you can use in your chapter to help keep that sense of Brotherhood:
Chapter engagement – business and fun
As the OOA has subsidized Zoom subscriptions for each chapter/colony, use this to conduct virtual meetings for all High Zeta and any committee meetings. Additionally, check in with your volunteers to stay connected with them. Here are some meeting topics to utilize this service when not conducting business:
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Where is the best place you’ve ever traveled and why?
- What book are you reading right now? What’s next on your list?
- What three words best describe you?
- What was your favorite childhood vacation and why?
- What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- What is the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
- Who had the biggest impact on the person you have become?
- Who’s had the biggest impact on your Lambda Chi Alpha Experience?
- What is the most annoying habit a person can have?
Workout together, virtually
- Use what you can around your house or utilize body-weight exercise plans together using Zoom. Help keep each other accountable while in your own house.
Host a weekly virtual trivia night for chapter members to participate in
- There are a multitude of websites that provide a wide variety of trivia types. Check those out or make your own!
Host a movie/tv show night watch party
- We’ve found three options that let you host a movie or TV show watch party. Check out kosmi.io.com, watch2gether.com or use the Chrome Extension “Netflix Party” to host your own watch party.
Have a PlayStation or Xbox online party
- Pick a game that works for your chapter/colony and schedule a weekly time to play together.
Host virtual study or ZAX sessions
- Schools are still in session for many of us, so be sure to stay on top of your studies. Additionally, using Zoom for ZAX sessions is another great way to stay connected to ritual.
We hope the above ideas are a good start at staying connected to your chapter. Stay tuned for more ideas as the weeks progress!
Never miss a post! Subscribe to our email mailing list!